As part of the UK Government’s response to the unprecedented disruption to children’s education as a result of the coronavirus, schools are eligible to receive catch-up premium funding. This funding can be used for specific activities to support their pupils to catch up for lost teaching over the previous months. This page is therefore designed to highlight options that schools may wish to look at.
Jolly Phonics and Grammar Online Training
Our online Jolly Phonics and Grammar courses deliver key insights into effective teaching of phonics, spelling, punctuation and grammar. They equip teachers with the full suite of knowledge, skills and understandings that are essential in maximising progression in reading and writing for children.
Each course costs just £89, and can be completed in your own time from the comfort of your own home.
Further details about the courses can be found here.
Alternatively, we have a many wonderful Jolly Phonics Trainers across the UK who offer both in-school and online training. Full contact details for all of our trainers can be found on our website here, and they would be delighted to hear from you.
Jolly Phonics and Grammar Resources
We have a wide range of fantastic resources that are perfect for both whole-class teaching and one-to-one tuition. In particular, you may be interested in browsing:
- Jolly Phonics Pupil and Teacher’s Books – daily lesson plans and detailed teacher’s notes, accompanying the individual pupil write-in books. (Grammar Pupil and Teacher’s Books are also available, containing 1 spelling and 1 punctuation or grammar lesson per week.)
- Jolly Phonics Decodable Readers – over 100 exciting readers that are decodable, giving children the opportunity to apply their knowledge as they learn new sounds, tricky words and alternatives.
- Jolly Phonics Extra – an innovative and comprehensive set of materials, designed specifically for children who would benefit from extra help.
We have a wide range of additional resources as well, all of which you can find via our online shop here. You can also browse further information about the resources and view preview pages within each listing.
Additional Resources and Information Online
Our website also has a wide range of helpful resources that you may wish to browse. These include:
- Jolly Phonics Parent/Teacher Guide – contains more information about the programme and can be shared with other members of staff and parents.
- Jolly Phonics & Letters and Sounds – guides teachers and parents through the similarities and differences between the programmes, and how the Jolly Phonics resources align.
- Classroom Teaching and Skills Videos – a selection of videos showing the key skills taught in Jolly Phonics. Additionally, we have a selection of teaching videos from our Jolly Phonics Trainers, including videos from Santina DiMauro, Deb Bible and Grace Vilar.