The Jolly Phonics Handbook is a complete resource for teaching young children the skills they need to read and write fluently in their first year
of school. This book is a comprehensive resource for teachers who want the flexibility of teaching the programme with worksheets and other photocopiable resources in the classroom. It offers step-by-step guidance on all aspects of the teaching across the year, as well as a wealth of practical ideas and fun activities for the children. It contains:
• A year’s worth of detailed daily lesson plans and notes to introduce the 42 letter sounds, with fun actions and stories.
• Regular activities promoting the five key skills for reading and writing.
• Weekly units covering key topics such as Alternatives, Handwriting, Tricky Words, Words and Sentences, Capital Letters and the Alphabet.
• Guided writing and reading comprehension activities.
• Detailed timetables outlining the scope and sequence of the programme alongside comprehensive teaching guidance.
This new edition follows the same format and pagination as before, but has been enhanced with a modern design and updated illustrations, as well several new worksheets and additional new content, ensuring it fully aligns with other Jolly Phonics resources.
British English, precursive letters ISBN: 978 1 844148 42 4 JL Code: JL8424 View in UK Shop!
British English, print letters ISBN: 978 1 844148 43 1 JL Code: JL8431 View in UK Shop!
American English, print letters ISBN: 978 1 844148 44 8 JL Code: JL8448 View in US Shop!
This informational flyer shares more information about the Jolly Phonics Handbook and what it looks like inside.