- Additional Product Information
Price with VAT
Size in mm
JL054 Grammar 3 Pupil Book
Grammar 3 Pupil Book
The Grammar 3 Pupil Book is the fourth year of the Jolly Phonics and Grammar programme. Designed to follow on from the Jolly Phonics Pupil Books 1, 2 and 3, the Grammar Pupil Books build on the skills taught in Jolly Phonics, and introduce grammar, spelling and punctuation rules to improve writing and reading comprehension.
Children are able to work through the Grammar 3 Pupil book and complete a wide variety of engaging activities, which develop grammar, spelling, punctuation and comprehension skills.
Lessons are provided for 1 Grammar or punctuation topic and 1 Spelling lesson per week for a year. The teacher is able to support and guide the children with the Grammar 3 Teacher’s Book.
Topics covered include:
- Revision of elements covered in The Grammar 1 & 2 Pupil Books
- New spelling patters – tch, dge, ure, gn, gh, ex, n for /ng/, s, se and ze for /z/, a for /ar/, y for /i/, a for /o/, ere for /air/, and eer and ere for /ear/
- Suffixes -‘less’, ‘able’ and ‘ful’
- Proper adjectives
- Nouns acting as adjectives
- Collective nouns Pronouns – possessive/subjective and object
- The present particle and the continuous tenses
- Subject and object in a sentence
- Questions and exclamations in speech