- Additional Product Information
Price with VAT
Size in mm
JL131 Grammar 6 Pupil Book
Grammar 6 Pupil Book
The Grammar 6 Pupil Book is the seventh year of the Jolly Phonics and Grammar programme. Designed to follow on from the Jolly Phonics Pupil Books 1, 2 and 3, the Grammar Pupil Books build on the skills taught in Jolly Phonics, and introduce grammar, spelling and punctuation rules to improve writing and reading comprehension.
Children are able to work through the Grammar 6 Pupil book and complete a wide variety of engaging activities, which develop grammar, spelling, punctuation and comprehension skills.
Lessons are provided for 1 Grammar or punctuation topic and 1 Spelling lesson per week for a year. The teacher is able to support and guide the children with the Grammar 6 Teacher’s Book.
Topics covered include:
- Revision of elements covered in The Grammar 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Pupil Books
- Prefixes & suffixes and in particular numerical
- New spelling patterns/rules: ough
- Silent letters: bt, te, th
- Schwas -ity & -ety
- More alternatives: they, great, ballet, fete, straight for /ai/
- New parts of speech: for example, countable and uncountable nouns, gerunds and modal verbs and imperatives
- Further punctuation: using semi colons and colons or using a comma after a fronted adverbial
- Developing a greater understanding of sentence structure and learning to recognise indirect objects, subject complements and passive agents
- Definite and indefinite articles
- Introducing children to literary devices such as alliteration, idioms and distinguishing between formal and informal writing