- Additional Product Information
Size in inches
JL996 Grammar 2 Student Book (in print letters)
Grammar 2 Student Book (in print letters)
The Grammar 2 Student Book (in print letters) is the third year of the Jolly Phonics and Grammar program. Designed to follow on from the Jolly Phonics Student Books 1, 2 and 3, the Grammar Student Books build on the skills taught in Jolly Phonics, and introduce grammar, spelling and punctuation rules to improve writing and reading comprehension.
Children are able to work through the Grammar 2 Student book and complete a wide variety of engaging activities, which develop grammar, spelling, punctuation and comprehension skills.
Lessons are provided for 1 Grammar or punctuation and 1 Spelling lesson per week for a year. The teacher is able to support and guide the children with the Grammar 2 Teacher’s Book.
Topics covered include:
- New spelling patterns – ei, eigh, ture
- Silent letters – b, c, h, k, w
- Identifying the short vowels
- Spelling rules – consonant doubling and adding suffixes
- Tricky word families
- Revision of elements covered in the Grammar 1 Pupil Book
- Further adjectives – possessive
- Comparatives and superlatives
- Dictionary work
- Exclamation marks
- Further sentence development