- Additional Product Information
Size in inches
JL542 Grammar 3 Student Book (in print letters)
Grammar 3 Student Book (in print letters)
The Grammar 3 Student Book (in print letters) is the fourth year of the Jolly Phonics and Grammar program. Designed to follow on from the Jolly Phonics Student Books 1, 2 and 3, the Grammar Student Books build on the skills taught in Jolly Phonics, and introduce grammar, spelling and punctuation rules to improve writing and reading comprehension.
Children are able to work through the Grammar 3 Student book and complete a wide variety of engaging activities, which develop grammar, spelling, punctuation and comprehension skills.
Lessons are provided for 1 Grammar or punctuation and 1 Spelling lesson per week for a year. The teacher is able to support and guide the children with the Grammar 3 Teacher’s Book.
Topics covered include:
- Revision of elements covered in The Grammar 1 & 2 Student Books
- New spelling patters – tch, dge, ure, gn, gh, ex, n for /ng/, s, se and ze for /z/, a for /ar/, y for /i/, a for /o/, ere for /air/, and eer and ere for /ear/
- Suffixes -‘less’, ‘able’ and ‘ful’
- Proper adjectives
- Nouns acting as adjectives
- Collective nouns Pronouns – possessive/subjective and object
- The present particle and the continuous tenses
- Subject and object in a sentence
- Questions and exclamations in speech