Grammar 1 Student Book (in print letters)
The Grammar 1 Student Book (in print letters) is the second year of the Jolly Phonics and Grammar program. Designed to follow on from the Jolly Phonics Student Books 1, 2 and 3, the Grammar Student Books build on the skills taught in Jolly Phonics, and introduce grammar, spelling and punctuation rules to improve writing and reading comprehension.
Children are able to work through the Grammar 1 Student book and complete a wide variety of engaging activities, which develop grammar, spelling, punctuation and comprehension skills.
Lessons are provided for 1 Grammar or punctuation and 1 Spelling lesson per week for a year. The teacher is able to support and guide the children with the Grammar 1 Teacher’s Book.
Topics covered include:
- Vowel digraphs
- Alternative spellings of vowel sounds
- Plural endings
- Short vowels and consonant doubling
- Tricky words
- Consonant blends
- Nouns – proper/common/plurals
- Personal pronouns
- Conjugating verbs – present/past/future
- a/an/the – when to use
- Sentences – capital letters, full stops and speech marks
- Parsing – identifying the parts of speech in sentences
- Alphabetical order
Need help with ordering? Click here
|Size in inches||
JL949 Grammar 1 Student Book (in print letters)